Disheartened? Read On..

Mission:

I believe that every child can be taught.

Only by nurturing the child's interest towards Chinese, can he/she maximise their potential.


"I hate Chinese"

"...not anymore"


Home/Group Tuition

1 YEAR GUARANTEED IMPROVEMENT

- Tailor-made lessons by local ex-school teacher

(40 years experience)


- Change negative attitude & enjoy learning


- Learn oral, comprehension,writing skills, cloze passage, summary, proverbs via exam papers, internet, newspaper, webcam, skype


-PSLE/O/A level/IB CHINESE /Oral Exam Preparation


-Learn to do projects: presentations/book reviews/newspaper articles


- Analyse top-school/PSLE/chineseB/"O"/"A" level/

IB CHINESE past year series


- 2 pax per group, 1-2 pax for home tuition


- Pri 5-CHINESE B/ Sec 4/

A level/IB Chinese

- Sec 1 - 3 Higher Chinese


*Results Guaranteed*

Since 1980

Mr. Kok 97641616


Please bring along your IPAD and MOBILE TABLET DEVICES for subsequent lessons


15%> 35% >50% >65%>80%>95%


Scroll down for 2019 Schedule!



15.11.13

Q and A on my tuition.


Who are the target students?

Students who are studying in schools around the Marine Parade Vacinity like Victoria,CHIJ(Katong),St. Patrick(Sec) and Tao Nan, Kong Hwa, CHIJ Katong(Pri), Ngee Ann Pri will have the convenience to my house if they are attending my lessons. They could come for lessons right after school depending on their dismissal times. On a particular day of the week,some schools do have earlier dismissal time than usual.Hence students could attend lessons on that day.It would be even better if i have students studying in the same school,they could come together then forming a goup no more than 3.I have mentioned before and i wish to highlight it again that I strongly believe in the importance and effectiveness of small group and individual tuition and will not neglect that whenever I am admitting students.

How about students who are not from the above mentioned schools?

Students who are not from the schools nearby my place do not fret!You are still most welcomed to join my tuition.But students who are living in the west and areas that are quite far away would have inconvenience travelling to my place for group tuition. They might want to consider signing up for home tuition that is I will come to their house to teach. If not, another flexible and bold alternative would be during the holidays, your child could attend the intensive lessons at my house during the holidays and when school reopens,if your child is really busy we could continue with once a week and your child could communicate his/her doubts through skype.(refer:to RGS Yi Chen's testimonial)

What do you normally teach?

I teach textbook content,through multimedia like iflash,audio CDs and through educational games from websites like asknlearn.com or lead.com and my CDs. Nearing the exam, I would impart exam techniques through analysing of past year Top Sch papers and notes.I would also spot the hot topics or questions that will likely come out in your child's exam. I would also go through with your child the PSLE past year papers or ten-yrs series if he/she is taking the major exams next year.I balance my teaching with fun and seriousness. Firstly, your child's interest towards Chinese is my utmost concern. Maybe the results would be you parents, your utmost concern but again i emphasise again that doing well in a language needs interest and initiative from your child.That is why your child would usually do better in Mathematics and Sciences as they have the interest and inquisitiveness towards those subjects.But i would not neglect the importance of exams and teach those heavy-duty or "laborious" your child would describe in effective yet efficient way.

What is the difference between Group and Home tuition?

Group tuition is what I would describe literally as a small group of students sitting around the table during my lessons with everyone's attention on me as I teach or on the work given. But i would describe group tuition outside like those premier tuition centres as a group of at least 10 people sitted in a classroom style manner.Some students would sit with their friends and began to chat about K-pop and DOTA(teen stuff) things not related to Chinese at all. Not to mentioned some will sms,or even play game consoles during lessons unnoticed by the teacher. Once some hyperactive or attention-seeking student do some "stunt", the whole class starts laughing and the teacher outnumbered by 1 to 10 is unable control the class.The whole class loses concentration and even those diligient and disciplined students would get affected.
Although the above may be exaggerated but it is really true for many tuition centres. Therefore parents would have to ask themselves this question: Why am I sending my child for tuition? Most answers would be " I would want my child to get additional help to do well in Chinese." I would have to ask you why send your child to another "school classroom" environment if your child needs additional help in the subject.

Another problem with "big class" tuition is the lack of interaction between students and teachers.Thus it is no surprise your child could feel so stranger towards the teacher despite many years of enroling in her classes. This would be disastrous as all the money spent was not put to good use!I believed tuition is built on communication and relationship where the students are bold enough lift some doubts so that the teacher could clear them once and for all. Yes i am talking about interaction. In my small group tuition the speed of learning would be quickened with interaction and discussion,be it between students and students or teacher and students.

What is the address of your place?

Blk 15,Marine Terrace,above the Marine Parade Fire Post near Tao Nan School,opposite the Town Council